Terms & Conditions
Collection and Return
Motorhomes can be collected between 2pm and 4pm on the day of collection, it may be possible to collect outside of these times by prior arrangement and we will always do our best to accommodate where possible.
The motorhome needs to be returned by 11am on the return day, again by prior agreement it may be possible to change this time.
The client will collect and return the motorhome from Godfrey Group head office address, please allow up to an hour for collection and drop off so that all paperwork can be completed.
The motorhome will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank of fuel.
The motorhome should be returned in the same clean condition it was received.
Additional cleaning charges may apply if the client return the Motorhome in an unreasonable unclean condition.
Hire rates quoted include:
– VAT at the applicable rate
– Unlimited miles
– UK standard motorhome insurance*
– UK Standard equipment & breakdown**
ALL DRIVERS MUST SATISFY THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
i) not under the age of 25 or over 70 years of age.
ii)have held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
iii) have not had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years.
iv) has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
v) has no convictions for motoring offences
vi) If the client has a photo card GB licence, we require the photo card and the client NI (National Insurance) number to check the client licence details on the DVLA’s online system.
vii) All drivers who licences are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid international driving permit alongside the client standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country the client’s standard licence was issued and confirm the client are able to drive a UK category B Motorhome up to 3500kg GMW.
viii) Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then the company will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given
viiii) Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g., parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
We will require a copy of all drivers driving licences and 2 forms of address verification (e.g., utility bill less than 3 months old). We will perform a DVLA licence check prior to the Motorhome being collected.
A booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by us and a booking deposit payment of 50% of the total hire cost has been received. This is paid at the point of booking online.
Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 4 weeks prior to the first date of the client booking. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received within this timeframe. Payment is accepted by credit card, debit cards, or bank transfers.
For late bookings, the full rental price is payable on booking. Motorhomes will not be released without full payment being completed.
There is a refundable £1,000.00 security deposit payable by credit card or debit card upon collection of the Motorhome. This is to cover the insurance excess and damage deposit. The card should be in the lead drivers name and the amount will be debited from the client account immediately.
– On collection, the client agrees to pay the Security Deposit
– The client irrevocably authorises the Company to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by the client to the company arising out of this Agreement
– The security deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the Motorhome being returned as per the criteria set out in these terms and conditions and as long as there are no outstanding insurance claims. The security deposit will not be refunded on return of the motorhome.
– Should any damages or costs exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible for such costs and must settle all additional costs over and above the security deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost. This also applies to damage which does not fall under the insurance policy.
– More than 4 weeks before: Booking Deposit
– Within 4 weeks – Day of booking: 100% of total hire charge
Should a customer not attend on the first day of the rental period to collect their motorhome and not communicate with the company prior to this date, the booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day and no refunds will be due.
If the client is traveling within Europe, there is an additional charge of £15.00 per night to cover insurance in Europe. European Insurance cover is mandatory, and the client will be in breach of these terms and conditions should the client take a motorhome into Europe without taking out the additional European cover. Minimum charge term for European cover is 3 nights, maximum charge terms is 21 nights.
Car Parking facilities
Customers can leave their Motorhomes, subject to space, at their own risk at the motorhome collection site for the duration of the motorhome hire.
Motorhome Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over – to complete the documentation and induction. All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome and bring their full valid licence and credit or debit card for security deposit.
Return: The motorhome must be returned on the correct date and before 11am. The client will be liable for the full security deposit amount should the client abandon the motorhome without fully completing the return procedure. Motorhomes must be returned undamaged, empty wastewater and toilet cassette and the interior clean and in the same condition as they were when collected, otherwise a charge will be made for additional cleaning.
In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return.
Lost property: It is the client’s responsibility to make sure that upon return of the motorhome all the client personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the Motorhome the company cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board.
The company will carry out a full pre-checkout inspection on every motorhome before the commencement of hire. The inspection involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly.
The client will be taken on a tour of the motorhome, during which photographs of the interior and exterior of the van will be taken and shown how each system works. A checklist will be completed during this tour and the client will sign a confirmation document prior to being given the keys to the motorhome. Should an on-board system fail during the client hire the company cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement Motorhome.
In the case of winter hire, the company cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions.
When the client signs the confirmation document, the client acknowledges having received the motorhome in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the motorhome checklist and with a full diesel tank.
Change of Motorhome
The company reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior Motorhome for the motorhome ordered. Should the customer elect the change the motorhome that they have booked, subject to availability the company will try to accommodate the request where possible.
Should there be an increase in the daily rental cost, the client will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 6, payment terms. Should the daily rental cost be lower, the original booked price will stand, and no refund will be given.
Rental and Other Charges
The client will pay: -
– All rental charges
– The security deposits
LATE RETURN: Motorhomes must be returned by 11am. Should the client be late in returning the Motorhome there is a late return charge of £100 if the client is up to 1 hour late, £200 for 1-2 hours late and a full day’s rate is charged plus the penalty fee of £200 if over 2 hours late.
Motorhomes must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
Minimum valet charge – £50 will be applicable if the motorhome and/or upholstery is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
Smoking/vaping fee – £150
TOILET AND WASTEWATER:
The toilet cassette must be emptied prior to the return of the Motorhome. An additional fee of £50 is chargeable if these are not emptied.
The fuel tank must be full on return.
Additional charges as follows for fuel: As per the terms and conditions of hire
here the following fees will be payable.
. full to full – £75
. -3/4 full – £90
. -1/2 full – £120
Empty – £140
BEDDING AND TOWELS – £20 per booking. (Duvet, Duvet cover, sheet, and pillowcase) Replacement cost will be payable and in addition.
Kitchen items – Replacement cost will be payable.
Other Costs –
– The Late fee as detailed in these terms should the Motorhome be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement
– The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the Motorhome
– The cost of any damage to the Motorhome or third-party property, subject to the insurance cover
– The insurance excess should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the Motorhome. Applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
– All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Motorhome during the Rental Period
– Any other fees or charges payable by the client pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by the company because of any breach by the client of the terms of this Agreement
– the nightly rental rate for the period the Motorhome is off fleet, for example for accident repairs
– Any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value
– The cost to recover a Motorhome
– In the case of gross negligence, the company reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over
Use of the Motorhome
The client agrees that during the rental period, the client will not and will not allow the Motorhome to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious and normal manner
- Used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in an area other than the areas indicated by the client to the company
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
– Left open whilst the Motorhome is unoccupied
– Left with the ignition key in the Motorhome while it is unoccupied
– Driven by persons, under the age of 25 years or over the age of 70
-Who is not authorised by law to drive the Motorhome.
– Submersion in water
– Contact with Salt Water
– Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally, or contest
– Used to tow any Motorhome or trailer
– Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
– Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Motorhome manual or on the Motorhome or specified in this agreement
– Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
– Otherwise used in breach of obligations under these terms and conditions
– The client acknowledge that the company reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Motorhome movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
All motorhomes are non-smoking/Vaping Motorhomes. The company reserves the right to impose additional Valeting fee and or Upholstery cleaning fees (minimum £150 plus a day’s rental) should evidence of smoking be detected in the motorhome.
The numbers of people, including the driver that each motorhome can legally carry are: 2 berth = 2 passengers, 4 berth = 4 passengers, 5 berth = 5 passengers, 6 berth = 6 passengers. Carrying more than the specified number of passengers is against the law and in breach of this agreement.
Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, which ever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight/height under UK law.
The Company does not allow pets in the motorhome
(Provided all the personal information supplied is correct and the claim is not made due to negligence)
The Motorhome is insured for theft and damage to the Motorhome and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GBP£1000.00 per accident, reported incident or Motorhome theft. In the event of any insurable damage claim to either the Motorhome or third-party property, the client will be liable for the first GBP£1000.00 per claim.
In the event of the theft of the Motorhome, the client will be liable for the full cost of the claim; once a theft has been reported to both the company and the police, a claim will be lodged with the insurer. The keys must be returned to the company. Should the insurer accept the claim and agrees to reimburse the company for the full cost of the Motorhome, the liability to the client will reduce to the first GBP£1000.00 of the claim (excess).
Please note: if the keys are not returned to the company, the insurer will not accept the claim and liability for the full cost of the Motorhome will remain with the client. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the Motorhome.
Please note that no insurance cover is offered for overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damage, therefore the client accepts fully the liability for these which is in addition to the standard Motorhome excess should that apply. Wind screen and / or tyre damage is not covered by the standard Motorhome insurance and therefore excess.
We do not want to claim on our insurance if we can avoid it – For instance if the client were to break a wing mirror and the cost of replacement glass is £60, we would charge the client £60 and return £940 of the client deposit.
Responsibility when accident occurs
– In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Motorhome, the client will
– Notify the company within 24hrs of the happening of the event
– Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
– Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
– Assist the company in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
– The client acknowledges that the excess or other amount due by the client in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault
– The client will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over Motorhome as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault
– No security deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until any claim is settled
– The client shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Motorhome, including checking oil, coolant and AdBlue levels, tyre pressures and batteries
– The client is aware that the Motorhome will be supplied with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and a bottle of gas (minimum 1/3 full) and that it is the client’s responsibility to replenish these throughout my hire and return these all full (except the gas bottle) otherwise charges will apply. The company will not be held responsible should the client run out of any of these during the client’s hire
– Subject to the terms of this agreement, the client will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. The company will reimburse the client for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
– The tyre is defective and is returned by the client to the company for inspection.
– The client produces relevant receipts.
– The client will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil, coolants or AdBlue to run empty and cause damage to the Motorhome’s engine
– The client will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel.
Credit and Debit Card Payment
Visa card and Master Card credit cards only. All debit cards accepted.
– When payment is paid by credit, debit card, the client agrees that:
– The company is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from the credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by the client pursuant to these terms and conditions
– The client will not dispute the client’s liability for any amount due under these terms and conditions and the client shall indemnify and keep the company indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying the credit or debit card issuer of such dispute
– The company may process the credit or debit card at any time, in the event that the company elects to process the payment of the Security Deposit by debit/credit card after the client have cancelled/ removed this payment option, the client agree that they are entitled to recover payment from the credit or debit card issuer in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the payment.
– The client acknowledges that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against the credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period.
Terminating the Agreement
The client acknowledge that the company may terminate any agreement and repossess the motorhome at any time, without notification to the client, and that the client will pay the reasonable costs of repossession, including towing charges if:
– The client is in breach of any of these terms and conditions
– The client has obtained the motorhome through fraud or misrepresentation
– Any statement, representation or warranty made by the client in respect of themself or additional drivers is incorrect
– The Motorhome appears to be abandoned
– The Motorhome is not returned on the agreed return date, or the company reasonably believes that the Motorhome will not be returned on the agreed return date
– the company considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Motorhome is in danger. The client understands that in the event of such termination or repossession, the client has no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
Release and Indemnity
– Subject to its obligation to deliver the Motorhome or an appropriate substitute Motorhome, the client releases the company its employees and agents, from any liability to the client (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the client by reason of any Agreement, including but not limited to:
– Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the Motorhome being unsuitable for the client purpose
– Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Motorhome, in any service Motorhome or on any premises belonging to the company
– Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with the company, the client hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified the company, its employees, and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of use and/or possession of the motorhome.
The company will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for the client at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable Motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all money paid by the client.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The client warrant that all information supplied by the client to the company in connection with this agreement is true.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. The company reserves the right to add or amend the Motorhome specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This agreement does not affect the clients’ statutory rights under civil law.